Free time recording app
Clockify is the most popular free time recording app that lets you and your team track how much time you spend on tasks and activities.
How to record time
Clockify offers its users a couple of distinct ways to record time. It doesn't matter if you're forgetful or you're just not used to clocking in and out — Clockify has some neat solutions for you. Here's the gist.
Option A: Use a timer
- Type what you're working on (web, desktop, mobile)
- Start the timer with one click
- Stop the timer once you're finished
- Continue the timer when you start working again
Option B: Enter the time manually
- Enter what you were doing (web, desktop, mobile)
- Enter the duration
- Add the time for recorded activity
Option C: Auto track time
- Enable auto-recording of apps and websites you use
- See how you days looks like
- Select which activities you wish to timesheet
Option D: Record time in timesheet
- Select your activity
- Enter duration under corresponding day
Time recording features
Time tracking is so simple that you'll actually do it.
Works in a browser
There's no need to install anything.
See where you and your team spend time in visual reports.
You can always go back and edit your time records.
Project and tasks
Create projects for activities and record time for them.
Add keywords to time records so you can have better reports.
Get reminders if you forget to record your time.
Track time even when you don't have network connection.
Idle detection (Mac)
Clockify can detect when you're inactive and discard that time.